Extell Development Company
Extell Development Co. and its affiliates (collectively, “Extell,” “us,” or “we”) is/are committed to protecting the privacy of certain data that is collected from you and that you submit when you access this website or websites, apps, or other online media under our operation and control (collectively, the “Site”).
Changes to this Policy. We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. In the event we make material changes to the Policy, we will provide notice through the Site. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site and will apply to your use of the Site after the “effective date” listed above. You understand and agree that your continued use of the Site after the effective date, means that the collection, use, and sharing of your information is subject to the updated Policy.
Except to the extent we receive your authorization or as permitted or required by applicable law, we will handle your data in accordance with the terms of the Policy in effect at the time of the collection.
Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding this Policy, your privacy, or our policies in the event of a compromise of your information, you may contact us at: email@example.com
Information We Collect
As you are probably aware, we may collect information from a variety of sources to operate the Site, carry out our business, comply with law and other purposes described herein.
Information You Provide.
When you contact us or submit an inquiry:
- Email address
- Cell/Phone number
- Broker name
- Brokerage name
- Client name
When you register or schedule an appointment:
- Your name
- Email address
- Cell/Phone number
- Move in date
- Apartment size preferences
- Pet ownership
- Option to allow Text/SMS messages and reminders
When you subscribe to our newsletter:
- Your name
- Email address
When you share a listing with a friend:
- Your name
- Email address
- Friend’s email address
You do not need to provide the above information to access or use the other sections of the Site.
Information from Third Parties. We obtain your lease application data from your online application and combine it with guest card or customer records from your inquires to create a customer record. We may also collect information about you from third parties that are lawfully entitled to share your data with us, including from publicly available and third party databases or services. We may use this information to review your lease or job application. We use and share this information for the purposes described in this Policy.
Statistical Data. To monitor utilization of the Site and continuously improve its quality, we may compile statistical information concerning the usage of the Site using analytics services, such as those provide by Google Analytics. Examples of this information would include: the number of visitors to the Site, or to sections or pages within the Site, patterns of traffic flowing through the Site, length of time spent on the Site, or in sections or pages of the Site, the other sites that refer visitors to the Site, the pages of the Site that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site, methods used to browse away from the page, any phone number used to call our customer service number, and location information. The analytics services may transfer this information to third parties in case of a legal obligation or if a third-party processes data on behalf of that service. To compile this information, we may collect and store:
- Your IP address
- Your operating system and platform
- Your browser type and version
- Time zone setting
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- The pages you visit within the Site
- Data provider
- The length of time you spend on pages within the Site
- The site from which you linked to ours
- Search terms you used in search engines that resulted in you linking to the Site, etc.
While all this information can be associated with the IP address your computer had while you visited the Site, it will not be associated with you as an individual or associated with any other information you may submit through the Site, or that we may store about you for any other purposes. We may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site. Please check your web browser to learn more about what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
We permit certain third parties to serve cookies to your device for analytics, retargeting and remarketing purposes when you visit the Site. These cookies and other device identifiers help the third party deliver ads to you based on your past visits to our Site.
The Site integrates with third party providers to allow you to submit a lease or job application or helps us send you marketing emails. These integrations may place cookies on your device when you link to them. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions for these third parties.
You may control cookies, including preventing or stopping the installation and storage of cookies, through your browser settings and other tools. If you do so, our Site may not function correctly. Please refer to the Help feature of your browser for information on disabling cookies. You may opt out of a third-party cookie use by following this link Opt Out.
Please follow the links below to helpful information for the most popular browsers:
IMPORTANT: By using the Site, you consent to the processing of any personal data for the analytics purposes and functions described above.
How We Use Your Data
In general, we will use the information we collect about you only for the purpose it was collected, for compatible purposes, as permitted or required by law, as necessary to carry out our contractual duties and obligations, and as otherwise provided in this Policy. For example, we may use your data in the following ways:
- To respond to your requests for information or schedule an appointment.
- To provide you with a newsletter, marketing materials or advertisements about a new property or project.
- To share a listing with your friend(s).
- To process and review your lease or job application.
- To communicate with you, including sending messages about the availability of our Site, security, or other service-related issues. (You may change your communication preferences at any time. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.)
- For our research and development efforts. We may use analytics data, public feedback, and information you provide to conduct research and for the development of the Site and marketing.
- For other everyday business purposes IT and website administration and security, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively to you and your computer.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information related to our properties including local attractions
- To ensure your information is accurate and to personalize our communications and information. For example, we may aggregate your personal information with data from third-party sources for purposes of keeping information up to date. We also rely on information from third parties to provide better, more personalized service.
- For advertising and marketing including showing you ads on other Internet Sites based on your visit(s) to our Site.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising that we provide to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We do not share your personal data with any third-party advertisers for their advertising.
Disclosure of Information
In general, we will not disclose your data except with your consent and as described in this Policy. We may disclose your data for the same reasons that we may use it as described in this Policy, which includes disclosing it to our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties, as we deem necessary to carry out those purposes.
Third Party Vendors. We may need to use or disclose this information with a member of our group partners or third-party vendors:
- With your consent or as you direct;
- To manage the Site;
- To process your lease or job application;
- To schedule an appointment;
- For marketing and advertising related to our properties and projects, including email marketing;
- To maintain a sale CRM;
- To improve and optimize our Site;
- To process and respond to requests for information;
- To engage in marketing activities, such as sharing personal information with our partners to deliver advertisements to our shared customers;
- To protect our interests and legal rights, such as through responding to subpoenas and defending litigation; and
- To protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications) and claims and other liabilities.
We endeavor to choose affiliates and non-affiliates with similar standards to ours regarding the protection of data.
Legal Process, Security, Defense, Protection. It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you if required by law, subpoena, or other legal process.
Additional disclosures. We may disclose information about you if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- demonstrate our relationship with you;
- investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist law enforcement agencies;
- protect the security or integrity of the Site;
- investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party allegations or claims; or
- protect the rights and safety of others.
Change in Control or Sale. We can share, sell, assign, or license your personal data in connection with certain business transactions, such as a sale, acquisitions, merger, or change in control, or in preparation for any of these events. In such cases, we will take appropriate steps under the circumstances and to the extent possible to ensure that the recipient agrees to provide privacy protections substantially similar to those established by this Policy. Any entity that acquires all or substantially all the Company’s assets will have the right to continue using your data consistent with this Policy or as otherwise agreed to by you.
In no case will we sell or license your data to third parties, except as set forth above or as required or permitted by law.
Safeguarding of Information
No system for safeguarding personal or other information is 100% secure and even though we have taken steps to protect your personal information from being intercepted, accessed, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. However, we take several steps to safeguard the security of personal information obtained through the Site including using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption when data is transmitted over the Internet to our Site. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, physical, or technical safeguards.
Do Not Track. “Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. However, because our Site is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track requests.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You can always limit the information you provide to us, but if you choose not to provide certain requested information, you may be unable to access some of the services, offers, and content on the Site.
- unsubscribe from any of our communications for which you have registered and opt out of receiving future marketing communications by following the instructions in the email to opt-out or clicking on the unsubscribe link within any email communication that you receive, or by sending a message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you opt out of receiving communications from the Extell or its affiliates, you will receive no notification on the group’s products or services.
We may provide links to websites or resources outside of our Site for your informational purposes. We also provide links to third party integrations for the purposes such as submitting your lease or job application. You acknowledge and agree we are not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, goods, services or other materials on, available through or provided by such sites or resources. We are not responsible for the privacy or other practices of such sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your personal information that you provide or is collected by such sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
Information of Children. The Site is not directed to children and is intended for persons 13 years of age and older. The Company does not knowingly collect, use or disclose any personal information from children. If we learn that Personal Data of persons less than 13 years-of-age has been collected through our Site, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 13 has posted, submitted or otherwise communicated Personal Data to our Site without your consent, then you may alert us at email@example.com so that we may take appropriate action to remove the minor’s Personal Data from our systems. You may also use web-filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site.
Where We Store Your Personal Data. We generally store the Personal Data that you provide to us on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personal Data is submitted through our Site, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States that may not have similar data protection laws to the country in which you reside.
IF YOU RESIDE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, YOU CONSENT TO HAVING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED TO AND PROCESSED IN THE UNITED STATES.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. If you are a California resident, please read the following:
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by certain members of the Company to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Requests may be made one time per calendar year. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2023 will receive information regarding 2022 sharing activities). You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
How to Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding this Policy or your privacy, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org